Where can faculty, administrators, librarians and technology gurus all meet to discuss learning, libraries, technology and the convergence of these activities? At the– The Convergence of Learning, Libraries and Technology Conference, of course!
Be a part of ODCE 2008! The Ohio Digital Commons for Education partners -- Ohio Learning Network, OhioLINK, and the Ohio Supercomputer Center/ –are seeking interactive and engaging proposals for presentations, pre-conference workshops and technology demonstrations. Proposals are sought for the following themes and topics:
- Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century
- Possible topics include: pedagogy (particularly as it relates to instructional technology), achievable learning objectives, assessment and evaluation, and skills development for the 21st century educator.
- Student Success
- Possible topics include: mentoring and tutoring, first year experiences, student learning communities, documenting knowledge and providing opportunities to under-served populations.
- Moving Ohio Forward
- Possible topics include: effective business/academic partnerships that serve more Ohioans, collaborations between K-12 and higher ed that serve demonstrated state needs, strengthening ties between Ohio’s colleges and universities, programs that remove barriers for adult learners, and addressing educational needs of the Ohio workforce.
- Transforming Technologies
- Possible topics include: emerging technologies, virtual environments for learning, gaming/visualization and security.
- What’s The Buzz?
- Vendor Presentations
Visitto review the complete call for presentations or to submit a proposal. The deadline to submit a proposal is Tuesday, October 30, 2007. Please note that the proposal deadline will not be extended this year.
ODCE 2008 will include a keynote presentation by Chancellor Eric Fingerhut, vendor exhibits and technology demonstrations. It will be held March 2-4, 2008, at the Columbus Hilton at Easton Town Center in Columbus, Ohio. Online registration will be available in December.