Don’t delay — submit your proposal and be part of Ohio’s premier higher education conference, The University System of Ohio’s! Proposals are due by Wednesday, October 15, 2008 for the conference on March 1-3, 2009.
The University System of Ohio’s Learning, Libraries & Technology 2009 Conference will be the tenth anniversary of the conference previously known as the Ohio Digital Commons for Education (ODCE) Conference. This year’s conference will deliver the same great professional development and networking opportunities you’ve come to expect from past conferences. In celebration of the conference’s tenth anniversary, organizers have drastically cut conference fees to: $195 ($95 for students) for two-days or $95 ($55 for students) for a single day. Online registration will be available in December.
The University System of Ohio seeks interactive and engaging proposals for presentations, pre-conference workshops and technology demonstrations. Visitto review the complete call for presentations or to submit a proposal. Proposals are sought for the following themes and topics:
- Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century
- Possible topics include: pedagogy (particularly as it relates to instructional technology), achievable learning objectives, assessment and evaluation, and skills development for the 21st century educator.
- Student Success
- Possible topics include: mentoring and tutoring, first year experiences, student learning communities, documenting knowledge, and providing opportunities to under-served populations.
- Ohio Is Moving Forward
- Possible topics include: effective business / academic partnerships that serve more Ohioans, collaborations between K-12 and higher education that serve demonstrated state needs, strengthening ties between Ohio’s colleges and universities, programs that remove barriers for adult learners, and addressing educational needs of the Ohio workforce.
- Transforming Technologies
- Possible topics include: emerging technologies, virtual environments for learning, gaming/visualization, and security.
- P-20 Education
- This track is a preview of the 2010 annual conference which will be redesigned to encompass a broad P-20 education system. Possible topics this year include: dual enrollment programs, collaborative programs that seek educational gains, technologies for all classrooms, in-service experiences for teachers, and policy changes that encourage broad collaboration.
- What’s The Buzz?
- A track of presentations by vendors exhibiting at the conference.
Learning, Libraries and Technology 2009 will include a keynote presentations, hands-on workshops, vendor exhibits and technology demonstrations. It will be held March 1-3, 2009, at the Columbus Hilton at Easton Town Center in Columbus, Ohio. Find out more at. (This post was updated on 13-Jul-2011.)