In the “very meta” category, this morning I gave a lightning talk about lightning talks to a crowd of about 150 at the LITA Lightning Talks session. More specifically, it was a brief presentation on how Code4Lib uses Google Hangouts-on-Air for its Virtual Lightning Talks. The slides and links from the slides are included below.
URLs from the presentation
As promised, here are the URLs from the presentation.
- Host must have a “Verified” YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/verify
- Host and Presenters must install the Hangouts plugin: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/hangoutplugin/
- “Hangouts-on-Air” Documentation: https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2553119
- Presenters share their entire screen or just a window https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1660627
- Use the “Cameraman App” function to hide and mute other presenters: https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2660854
- Code4Lib Virtual Lightning Talks: http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/Virtual_Lightning_Talks
- My Notes on Hosting C4L Lightning Talks: http://dltj.org/article/c4l-virtual-lightning-talk-notes/
- Other’s Wisdom https://plus.google.com/u/0/%2BFraserCain/posts/PaeeynDx34L and https://code.google.com/p/course-builder/wiki/OnlineOfficeHours